The Payroll and AR Coordinator is responsible for accurately completing the full payroll process for all employees as well as collecting payments from clients. This position reports directly to the Financial Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process full bi-weekly payroll in a timely and accurate manner;
- Ensure new employees are setup in a timely manner;
- Review and post employee expenses;
- Posting of equipment costs from Daily Job Reports;
- Calculation and reporting of government remittances, including payroll, EHT and WSIB accurately and on time according to the federal and provincial legislation;
- Monthly reporting to the Union;
- Update wage, vacation, union and pension changes when necessary;
- Submission of ROE’s as necessary;
- Collection from clients whose accounts are delinquent;
- Preparation and distribution of T4’s;
- Point of contact for all payroll related inquiries from stakeholders;
- Act as a backup for Accounts Payable Coordinator as needed; and
- Miscellaneous Accounting functions as assigned by the Controller.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience performing the above mentioned duties.
- Capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of payroll compliance and legal obligations.
- Experience with Maestro would be considered an asset.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Pension with optional RRSP
- Medical, dental, vision, and paramedicals (i.e. massage, counselling, naturopath, etc.)
- Annual salary negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
Rutherford is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.