NOC Code: 22303 – Construction Estimators # of Openings: 1 Type of Position: Permanent; Full-time No. of positions: 1 Term: Permanent Salary: $109,000 CAD to 115,000 CAD per annum depending on experience Benefits: 15 days paid vacation per calendar year; eligible to participate in company’s pension plan after 1 year of uninterrupted employment; paramedical services coverage; life insurance, extended health; vision care; employee & family assistance; health care & dental care; survivor benefits; discretionary bonus; free parking Hours: 40 hours per week Employer: Rutherford Contracting Ltd. Business Address: 224 Earl Stewart Drive, Aurora, Ontario, L4G 6V7 Work Location: 224 Earl Stewart Drive, Aurora, Ontario, L4G 6V7 Language of Work: English Website address: https://ruthcon.ca/ Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rutherford Contracting Ltd. (“Rutherford”) is a company that was established as a small contracting firm in 1971 by Dick Rutherford, who was an engineering graduate of the Royal Military College. Initially, Rutherford took on various landscaping and maintenance projects in the Greater Toronto Area. As the company grew, it began taking on projects increased in complexity and size. Today, Rutherford has evolved into a unique organization in that it has the skills, understanding and ability to service clients from both a building construction and site development perspective.
For more information, please see our website: https://ruthcon.ca/.
Rutherford Contracting has a vacancy for a Construction Estimator to assist with estimating project costs, material costs, labour and equipment for construction projects. The Construction Estimator is responsible for accurately pricing projects competitively so that the company can be successful in the tendering process as well as in the construction phase.
Duties and responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings, blueprints, and specifications;
- Coordinate bid schedule maintenance and bond/insurance certificate procurement with the Tendering & Office Coordinator;
- Prepare for and attend mandatory and non-mandatory pre-tender site meetings as dictated by the tender documents;
- Review all documents thoroughly when pricing and understand all bid submission requirements, specifications and drawings and is ultimately responsible for the completeness of bids;
- Complete tenders in an accurate, efficient and timely manner;
- Increasingly take on the pricing of larger, more complex projects;
- Maintain adequate estimation workload to the satisfaction of the Chief Estimator;
- Coordinate closing of tenders and advise the Chief Estimator of potential conflicts;
- Upon project award, review tender/construction documents with the delegated Project Manager, VP of Operations and Superintendent to confirm specific scope of work and convey allowances made for cost and production;
- During project construction, liaise, consult and communicate with Project Managers for cost maintenance and future pricing: provide pricing and cost assistance to Project Managers for requested potential changes in scope;
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors;
- Advise on tendering procedures, examine and analyze tenders, recommend tender awards and conduct negotiations;
- Manage and co-ordinate construction projects and prepare construction progress schedules;
- Visit jobsites on a bi-weekly basis to review costs and production of work; and
- Attend post-project review meetings.
- Minimum 1 plus years’ experience with estimation in construction industry is required;
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an engineering, architectural, civil engineering, technology program or other related field required;
- Ability to read construction, project and architectural drawings, estimating packages, and blueprints;
- Strong Computer skills, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook;
- Knowledge in engineering and mathematics is required;
- Hold a valid driver’s licence and own vehicle.
How to Apply:
Please forward your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com with the heading “Construction Estimator” in the subject line in order to be considered for the position. Please apply by email only.
Rutherford Contracting would like to thank you for the interest you have demonstrated in this opportunity. However, only candidates with the required skills will be contacted.