Head Office Location: 224 Earl Stewart Drive, Aurora, ON L4G6V7
Work Location: Various jobsites across southern Ontario
Hourly Wage: $29.92 – $35.50 / hour (depending on experience)
Hours of Work: 7:00am – 5:30pm (weekends as needed/requested)
Employment Type: Permanent, full time
Languages of Work: English
Rutherford Contracting Ltd. is a general contractor located in Aurora, ON. We have been in business for over 50 years and are proudly one of the first construction companies in Ontario to obtain the Certificate of Recognition (CoR). Our jobsites are all over Toronto and the GTA and we are currently looking for Concrete Finishers to join our team! Our Concrete Finishers work on various types of projects from institutional and commercial construction projects to civil and infrastructure projects as well as parks and athletic sports field construction.
Contribute to the construction of projects through physical labour and concrete work.
- Check formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade;
- Fill hollows and remove spots on freshly poured cement;
- Operate power vibrators to compact concrete;
- Level top surface concrete according to grade and depth specifications;
- Impart desired finish to concrete surfaces using hand and power tools;
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures;
- Apply hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces;
- Waterproof, damp proof and restore surfaces; and
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damaged sections of concrete structures
Desired Skills / Experience:
- 5 years or more performing above mentioned duties within institutional and commercial construction projects, roads and bridges, sidewalks and curbs, sewers and water mains
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- Capable of physically demanding work in outdoor work environments
- Capable of handling heavy loads, bending, crouching, kneeling, etc.
- Attention to detail and accurate
- Capable of working within a team as well as independently
- Dental and health care plan, paramedical services coverage, vision care benefits
- RRSP, pension, life insurance
- Paid time off
- Team building opportunities, wellness program, learning/training paid by employer
Rutherford is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment. We also will provide accommodation, upon request, for applicants with disabilities throughout the selection process.