Rutherford Contracting Ltd. is actively seeking an experienced Project Manager for our Buildings division. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the role of project manager presents an ideal opportunity for an individual who is looking to actively manage Building projects in their entirety. The Project Manager is tasked with the overall responsibility of ensuring that each project meets, or exceeds the organizations corporate and financial goals, adheres to all contract documents and specifications, and meets clients/consultants expectations.
- Participate in both in house, and project start-up meetings with Owner, Consultants, VP of Operations, and Site Superintendent.
- Prepare Project Budget using our in house ESP based costing system, while adhering to RCL budgeting policies and procedures.
- Actively manage and practice the core functions of management; planning, organizing, leading, and controlling in the administration of all aspects of the project.
- Responsible for negotiating, and awarding contracts with sub-contractors, and materials suppliers.
- Continually monitor and manage the financial health and performance of each project using the organizations ESP based costing system.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for presentation to the financial controller, and senior management team.
- Continually communicate with the Site Superintendent to ensure that Labor, equipment, and scheduling needs are projected a minimum of 1 week ahead.
- Regular site visits to ensure that the project is progressing on schedule, and is compliant with contract drawings and specifications.
- Contingency planning for any unforeseen changes, and problems that arise during construction.
- Managing project issues including Health & Safety challenges and conflict management that may occur between own forces, sub-trades etc.
- Effectively communicate with all parties involved in the project including owners, consultants, Landscape Architects, and Sub-trades
- Continue to strengthen existing business relationships with all parties involved in the construction process, while establishing new ones as well.
Desired Skills and Experience
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 4 years experience in ICI Construction in a Management or Supervisory role
- A technical diploma (B. Tech) (C.E.T) or undergraduate degree (B. Eng) (P. Eng) in a related field.
- Strong Negotiation, Communication, and supervisory skills.
- Proven Time Management, Organization, and Leadership Skills
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Project and Outlook. Knowledge of Maestro an asset.
- Strong ability to Read and interpret Contract Drawing`s and Specifications
- A proven track record of managing concurrent project`s in the past valued at over 1 million dollars.
- Additional Health and Safety training desirable