Project Manager (Civil)
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Project Manager will contribute to the construction of projects through the provision of management which includes planning, organizing, leading, and controlling the administration of all aspects of their assigned construction projects. This Project Manager would be overseeing civil and infrastructure projects, park and athletic sports field construction, trail construction, and re-naturalization/habitat construction.
- Conduct and participate in meetings related to the project;
- Negotiate and award contracts with sub-contractors and material suppliers;
- Monitor and manage the financial health and performance of each project using the company’s ESP-based costing system;
- Prepare monthly financial reports for presentation to the Financial Controller and Senior Management Team;
- On-going communication with the Site Superintendent to ensure labour, equipment, and scheduling needs are being met as well as projected a minimum of two weeks ahead;
- Visit the jobsite regularly to ensure project is progressing on schedule and is compliant with contract drawings and specifications;
- Contingency planning;
- Manage project issues and resolve concerns within a timely fashion;
- Communicate effectively with all parties involved in the project;
- Strengthen existing business relationships and establish new ones; and
- Manage and mentor each direct report (i.e. assigned Project Coordinator(s)) to strengthen the knowledge and depth within the individual to help reach their fullest potential and provide on-going feedback on their performance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Degree or diploma in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field;
- Mimimum of 5 years’ experience as a Project Manager managing similar projects for a General Contractor;
- Health and safety is a top priority;
- Strong negotiation, communication, and leadership abilities;
- Proven time management and organization skills;
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft and its applications;
- Strong ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications;
- Proven record of managing concurrent projects in the past valued at over $1,000,000;
- Hard-working with a strong get-it-done attitude; and
- Knowledge of Maestro would be an asset.
We offer a working environment and culture that believes in ongoing professional development, work/life balance, and maintaining a teamwork type of atmosphere where we are all in it together. We also offer competitive compensation packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
Rutherford is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment. We also will provide accommodation, upon request.