Reporting to the Chief Estimator, the Estimator will provide production support within the Building Division by accurately pricing projects competitively so that the company can be successful in the tendering process as well as in the construction phase.
- Assist the Chief Estimator in the determination of desired work to bid;
- Act as a secondary sales contact to address invitations to tender and pricing;
- Coordinate bid schedule maintenance with Tendering & Office Coordinator and bond/insurance certificate procurement with Controller;
- Prepare for and promptly attend mandatory and non-mandatory pre-tender site meetings as dictated by the tender documents;
- Complete tenders in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner;
- Maintain adequate estimation workload to the satisfaction of the Chief Estimator;
- Coordinate closing of tenders and advise Chief Estimator of potential conflicts;
- Upon project award, review tender/construction documents with the delegated Project Manager, VP of Operations and Superintendent to confirm the specific scope of work, and convey allowances made for cost and production;
- During project construction, communicate with Project Managers for cost maintenance and future pricing; provide pricing and cost assistance to Project Managers for requested potential changes in scope; and
- Occasionally visit jobsites to review the cost and production of work: monitor safety at all times, confer with Superintendent, Project Manager and VP of Operations with any concerns.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Degree or diploma in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field would be considered an asset;
- PQS with their Gold Seal Certificate in Estimating would be a significant asset;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an Estimator with a General Contractor is essential;
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings;
- Outstanding ability to work and multi-task under pressure;
- Experience with estimating software/programs;
- Hard-working with a strong get-it-done attitude; and
- Strong communication skills.
We offer a working environment and culture that believes in ongoing professional development, work/life balance, and maintaining a teamwork type of atmosphere where we are all in it together. We also offer competitive compensation packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
Rutherford is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment. We also will provide accommodation, upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent