Company: Rutherford Contracting Ltd.
Head Office Location: 224 Earl Stewart Drive, Aurora, ON L4G6V7
Wage: $36.43 / hour
Employment Type: Permanent, Full time
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 7:00AM – 4:00PM on site (evenings and weekends as requested)
Location of Work: Various jobsites within Toronto and the surround regions
Language of Work: English
Rutherford Contracting Ltd. is a General Contractor located in Aurora, ON that has been operating since 1971. We are proudly one of the first construction companies in Ontario to obtain the Certificate of Recognition (COR™). We pursue various construction projects from institutional and commercial building work to civil and infrastructure projects, park and athletic sports field construction, trail construction, and re-naturalization/habitat construction. Our jobsites are all over Toronto and the GTA and we are currently looking for a Carpenter to join our team!
Contribute to the construction of projects through the provision of carpentry skills as well as physical labour and the competent use of personal and assigned tools and equipment.
- Read and interpret shop, structural, architectural, civil and rebar drawings;
- Complete material take offs and layout on construction projects;
- Frame, tile, install parapet and drywall;
- Complete hazard assessments and lead toolbox talks;
- Assemble, erect and dismantle shoring;
- Schedule and coordinate work on site;
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials;
- Build foundations;
- Install floor beams;
- Lay subflooring, erect walls and roof systems;
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings, and hardware;
- Maintain, repair and renovate buildings and wooden structures in various jobsites; and
- Mentor apprentices.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Certified Red Seal Carpenter (or Journeyperson equivalent);
- 5 Years of experience performing the tasks listed in ‘Key Responsibilities‘ above;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Punctual and reliable;
- Capable of producing work of acceptable quality and quantity;
- Ability to communicate promptly to Superintendent/Project Manager if an issue arises which needs to be resolved;
- Team player who is hard-working and eager to complete a task;
- Ability to mentor apprentices or supervise 1 – 2 people;
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments and within tight timelines; and
- Ability to handle heavy loads and repetitive, physically demanding tasks.
Rutherford is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment. We also will provide accommodation, upon request, for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.