Historical

Holcim Waterfront Estate Redevelopment

,

The Holcim Waterfront Estate, formerly known as the “Bell Gairdner Estate” or Ontario Hydro’s “Fusion Fuels Technology Centre”, is located on a 44 acre lakefront property at the south-western corner of the City of Mississauga. The property extends from Lakeshore Road, south to the outlet of Joshua Creek and the Lake Ontario shoreline. Built in […]

Lyon’s Log Cabin Relocation & Restoration

This historical project involved the relocation and restoration of a settler’s cabin, originally built c. 1820’s. Construction activities performed included temporary stabilization of existing structure, relocation of the structure via crane and transport truck, the construction of a new floating slab on grade concrete foundation, new rubble stone foundation walls, chimney & fireplace, the replacement […]

Forster House, Town of Richmond Hill

,

Forster House, located in the town of Richmond Hill is one of the most historically, and culturally significant structures in York Region. The two storey house and adjacent barns were originally constructed in 1830, and designated historically significant in 1996. Through the government of Ontario & Canadaís Infrastructure stimulus fund, funding was provided to restore […]